Trademarks and Brand Usage Policy
This document (the `Policy`) sets the conditions under which you may use the registered and unregistered trademarks, service marks, logotypes, trade dress, trade names, product names, images, and slogans (collectively, the `Marks`), which belong to SEMrush Inc. or its affiliated companies (`Semrush`, `we`), in promotional, advertising, instructional, or reference materials. We are happy when people use our Marks but you have to understand that Semrush`s Marks are valuable assets for us and we wish to make the rules of such use clear for everyone.
What is the Intent of this Policy?
This Policy is intended to balance competing interests and provide clarity on what is acceptable practice for the Marks use. On the one hand, we need to ensure that the Semrush`s Marks are and remain reliable indicators of the quality, safety and reliability that customers expect from our official offerings. Semrush highly values the trust of its customers, potential customers, vendors and partners, and we protect our trademark rights to ensure those expectations can be met now and in the future. On the other hand, we would like to ensure that our customers, potential customers, partners, authorized resellers, vendors and the public at large have the freedom to use Semrush`s Marks in ways that are reasonable and unlikely to create confusion and have guidance on those uses that we consider acceptable.
The Policy applies to all uses of Semrush`s Marks and is in addition to the terms of any other permission we may have granted you regarding use of our Marks, unless otherwise specifically stated in the written consent to such use signed by Semrush.
Except for the limited rights to use as expressly permitted under this Policy, no other rights of any kind are granted hereunder, by implication or otherwise. If you wish to use any of Semrush`s Marks in a manner that is not expressly permitted by this Policy, or otherwise permitted by a legal exception such as fair use, please contact us at email@example.com. We will be happy to consider your request. No matter how your use is authorized, any goodwill generated by use of the Marks shall inure solely to the benefit of Semrush.
Semrush may review this Policy from time to time and update its provisions. Please consult this Policy regularly and keep pace.
What are the Semrush Marks?
The Semrush Marks include any and all registered and unregistered trademarks or service marks owned or used by Semrush, including logos, logotypes, trade dress, trade names, product names, images, slogans. Please remember that registration of the Semrush`s Marks is not always necessary for ownership and Semrush has rights in its Marks regardless of its registration status.
Semrush owns trademarks in a variety of international jurisdictions, so please check the WIPO Global Brand Database or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to know more about Semrush’s registered Marks around the world or to receive an answer to your question about Semrush’s rights in its Marks.
Those Marks are registered in the U.S. include:
- Our registered SEMRush® word mark, U.S. Reg. No. 3899976;
- Our registered SeoQuake® word mark, U.S. Reg. No. 4117491;
- Our registered Wow-Score® word mark, U.S. Reg. No. 5821177.
International registration of Semrush® word mark, WIPO Reg. No. 1264335.
General Principles of Use for Semrush Marks
The following general requirements apply to all users of the Semrush Marks.
No use without permission. You may not use Semrush Marks unless specifically permitted under this Policy, or pursuant to Semrush’s written consent, including the following use:
- in the name of your business, product, service, app, or other offering;
- in domain names and social media accounts and communities names, because consumers who see those are likely to assume that they are official Semrush services and accounts;
- on promotional merchandise that you are selling or distributing (e.g., t-shirts, travel mugs, etc.);
- in any advertising (creative, digital, social, PPC or otherwise);
- in any metatags or any other "hidden text" utilizing any Semrush Marks.
Use the full and exact Marks. Semrush`s Marks should always be used in their full, exact, most-up-to-date form and color. You may not alter, animate or distort the Marks or combine them with your own trademarks or any other symbols, words, images or designs, or incorporate them into a tagline or slogan, change the color, font, proportions, or any other aspect of our graphic Marks. Do not use old versions of our Marks.
- Approved artwork for actual Marks of Semrush can be found here or on the official web pages of the relevant Semrush products;
- If you do not find necessary Marks at the link above, or you are not sure, please contact us at email@example.com.
Highlight use of the registered Marks and give credits our Marks.
- While not mandatory, but we would appreciate if you mention Semrush`s registered trademarks and service marks with accompanied by a «TM» symbol (“™”), to indicate that it is a trademark; you may also use the «R in a circle» symbol (“®”), if the Mark in question in a registered Mark. If you are not sure, using the «TM» symbol (“™”) is fine. Do not use the «R in a circle» symbol (“®”) Mark on any Marks that are not registered in the jurisdiction of use.
- We would also appreciate it if the first or most prominent mention of Semrush Marks is set apart from surrounding text, either by capitalizing, italicizing, bolding, or underlining it.
- The following notice text should appear somewhere near your first or most prominent mention of Semrush Marks: [mark] is a trademark or registered trademark of Semrush Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. All rights reserved.
No Place for Misleading.
- Any use you make of Semrush Marks must not confuse consumers, and the Semrush Marks must not be used in any manner that is false or misleading. So, for example, you may not use Semrush Marks in a manner that falsely implies an endorsement or sponsorship, partnership by, or an affiliation with, Semrush if no such relationship exists. You may not use Semrush Marks in a manner that may diminish, harm, or otherwise damage the reputation of Semrush or the goodwill associated with the Semrush Marks.
- You may not use a trademark, domain name, or logos that imitates or could be confused with our Marks or falsely suggests affiliation with us.
Respect our Marks. You may not overlap our Marks with shapes or photos. Do not associate our Marks with any vulgar, obscene, indecent or unlawful materials.
Specific Requirements and Limitations for Use of the Semrush Marks
Publications, seminars and conferences use guidelines. You may use the Marks in the title or description of publications, seminars, and conferences if:
- the Marks are directly related to a specific Semrush product or service that is referenced in the publication, seminar or conference;
- you express your experiences, recommendations, comments about Semrush products and services. In this case, please express that these opinions are your own, use generic terms to accompany the Semrush Mark, such as «service», «tool», «product» etc. to help people understand what you are talking about;
- you use screenshots of Semrush product pages, but do not alter the screenshot except to resize it, do not use portions of screenshots, do not include screenshots in your product or user interface, do not use screenshots that contain third-party content, and do not use screenshots that contain an image or name of an identifiable individual or any other personal data.
You may not use the Marks:
- as the leading word or most prominent element in your publication, seminar, or conference title without our specific written consent;
- more prominently than your product or service name (e.g., in a larger typeface or higher on the page);
- in a way that could damage Semrush`s reputation or goodwill. For example, you cannot use our Marks in any manner that disparages Semrush or our products or services or portrays Semrush in a false, competitively adverse or poor light.
If you include a trademark footnote in your materials to give notice of ownership of your trademarks or third-party trademarks, you must add the following wording to your trademark footnote: «All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners».
Partners and vendors. You may not use the Marks to identify us as your partner or client unless we provide you a written consent specifying what Marks you can use and how you can use them. For example, if Semrush is your client, and the contract between is silent regarding your use of our Marks, it does not mean you can use our Marks, it means that you should request permission in writing from us.
Authorized resellers. If you are an authorized Semrush reseller, you may use the Marks according to the terms of the agreement between you and Semrush. In addition to the rules listed above, the following general rules are applicable:
- resellers always must include the symbol ® or ™ as appropriate on all materials using the Marks;
- resellers may not register the Marks in any jurisdiction or territory and will assign all registrations to Semrush, or adopt, use, or attempt to register any Marks in any jurisdiction or territory that are confusingly similar to the Marks or in such a way as to create marks using the Marks.
- reseller must always provide Semrush samples of all products and materials that contain the Marks prior to their public use, distribution or display for Semrush`s quality assurance purposes;
- reseller must obtain Semrush`s written approval before the Marks usage, distribution or display;
- at Semrush`s request, resellers must promptly modify or stop using the Marks if Semrush finds that such usage does not comply with current Marks usage policies or guidelines.
Semrush`s affiliates. If you are a participant in Semrush’s affiliate program, your use of the Marks are subject to the Semrush affiliate program terms and conditions. Those affiliate program terms and conditions shall apply together with this Policy.
Semrush Academy grads. Semrush badges and certificates are available once you have successfully completed the relevant certification program. After you pass your certification test, you can mention in your social media pages or websites that you have a relevant certificate issued by Semrush Academy with the Marks of Semrush. However, such use is subject to the usage requirements set out in this Policy.
By using ours Marks, in whole or in part, you are acknowledging that Semrush is the sole owner of the Marks and promising that you will not interfere with Semrush`s rights in the Marks, including challenging the Marks` use, or registering or attempting to register the Marks, alone or in combination with other words, anywhere in the world, and that you will not harm, misuse, or bring into dispute any of Semrush`s Marks.
By using our Marks, you agree that Semrush is the sole owner of the Marks and all associated goodwill. Semrush will be the sole beneficiary of any goodwill associated with your use of the Marks.
Semrush reserves all rights not expressly granted herein.
Semrush may revoke the permissions generally or as applied to your use, at any time at its sole discretion.
Reporting Abuse of the Marks
We appreciate your cooperation with Semrush in any legal action, at Semrush`s expense, to prevent or halt any unauthorized activity with respect to the use of the Marks. Please report any misuse of the Semrush`s Marks to firstname.lastname@example.org, and provide us with as much information as you can about the use you think might be infringing. We will investigate the use, and if warranted, take appropriate action in our sole discretion.
If you would like to use the Semrush Marks in a manner that is not covered by this Policy, or if you have any questions regarding this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com.